All guests on a Bikestyle Tours trip are required to have travel insurance.
A valid policy protects you financially for medical assistance, lost, stolen or damaged luggage, total trip cancellation or transit delays.
Avoid the disappointment and frustration for when things beyond your control don’t go to plan! There are multiple ways for you to attain an insurance policy.
Eligible Credit Cards
- If you pay a portion of your trip or flights with your credit card, you may be eligible for travel insurance.
- Check the level of cover available to you and the conditions for what is insured.
Multi-trip Travel Insurance Policy
- If you are a regular international traveller, you may already have a multi-trip travel insurance policy that covers you on your holiday also.
Eligible Home and Contents Insurance Policy
- Your home and contents insurance may allow you to ‘bundle’ a travel insurance product.
Australian resident and departing from Australia
- We are able to issue insurance policies for Australian residents departing from Australia.
- nib Insurance Policy
Travel Insurance Center
- For North American residents you might like to try Travel Insurance Centre.
nib International Travel Insurance offers a high level of cover for all areas of travel including unlimited medical and cancellation coverage, the two most important areas of travel insurance.
Policies available include:
- Annual Multi Trip policies for multiple trips (up to 6 weeks in duration per trip) within a 12 month period, including travel inside Australia. These policies can often work out cheaper than a single trip policy if away for more than 4 weeks and are essential for the frequent traveller.
- International Comprehensive policies offer a high level of cover including unlimited medical and cancellation cover.
- Elements, a cheaper alternative to the other policies that still offers a high level of protection in the essential areas. Not available for travel to the USA.
Please take the time to read the Product Disclosure Statement for each policy carefully to fully understand the level of cover and conditions before purchasing a policy.
If you wish to insure your bicycles under your travel insurance policy for more than the standard cover you may do so by selecting the “specified items” option when purchasing your policy, up to a total of $AUD6000 per bike, or at any time prior to departure after the policy is issued.
If you have any questions regarding our QBE Travel Insurance policies please email firstname.lastname@example.org
… travel insurance protects your trip expenses in the event of a trip cancellation, travel delays and to provide cover in case of expensive medical treatment being required while overseas
For further information on why you need travel insurance read this advice from the Australian Dept of Foreign Affairs Smart Traveller website.
Other reasons to consider Travel Insurance are:
- You’re involved in an accident and adequate medical treatment is not available. You need medical evacuation.
- Your bags are lost and your medication is in them. You need to have an emergency prescription filled.
- Your passport and wallet are stolen, and you need emergency cash and a replacement passport.
- Unforeseen life-threatening illness, injury, or death of a non-traveling family member or business partner.
- Your principal residence becomes uninhabitable right before your trip due to fire, flood, earthquake, or natural disaster.
- Strike resulting in complete cessation of travel services at the departure or destination point.