- Ride the famous Alto de l’Angliru and Alto de la Cubilla and many more
- Visit the beautiful Cantabrian Coast, Asturias region and the Spanish capital of Madrid
- See 7 stages live, including starts, finishes, and the decisive mountain stages in the final week of the 2019 Vuelta
- Stay in Superb Accommodation, experience amazing Spanish cuisine
- Travel and relax in our luxury coach, with custom built bicycle trailer
- Personal attention of the Bikestyle Team
- This Trip will be Escorted by Ex-Pro, Eric de Clercq and Lorian Graham
Experience the Vuelta Live
Stage 13 – Bilbao to Los Machucos
Stage 14 – San Vincente de la Barquera to Oviedo
Stage 16 – Pravia to Alto de la Cubilla
Stage 18 – Colmenar Viejo to Becerril de la Sierra
Stage 19 – Ávila to Toledo
Stage 20 – Arenas de San Pedro to Plataforma de Gredos
Stage 21 – Fuenlabrada to Madrid
Our trips allow you to choose a suitable ride each day. Alternative ride options are available on most days. We use a consistent ride rating to help you choose your ride. We rate each ride on various factors; distance, total climbing, intensity and altitude. The table below is a guide to our ride rating system.
Unfortunately, we can’t forecast the weather when designing our rides, but your trip leader will advise you on any precautions.
|Distance||SHORT: less than 30km|
|MEDIUM: between 30km and 80km (depending on the total climbing).|
|LONG: more than 80 km|
|Ascent||Total climbing (ascending) for the day, anything over 2000m is a big day|
|Intensity||Some rides may have time constraints. Our rides vary from EASY, MODERATE to HARD.|
|Altitude||Some of our rides may go into alpine areas where thinner air affects your intake of oxygen.|
Spectators and Off the Bike
Racing fans are always welcome!
Social Riding and Leisure
We understand that your cycling holiday is a HOLIDAY! We understand that you don't normally ride everyday at home. Our ride routes cherry-pick the best areas.
Some training will always enhance your experience!
Your cycling holiday is all actually about the bike! Our epic and challenge ride options seek more vertical metres and longer miles.
Tour cost is per person twin share and includes:
- Transport throughout by custom mini vans or luxury coach
- Services of our experienced tour guides, mechanics and drivers
- 11 nights accommodation 3 & 4 Star hotels
- Buffet breakfast daily
- 3 course evening meals on 7 nights
- Wine at welcome and farewell dinners
- Wine tasting
- Scheduled arrival transfer on day one from Bilbao Airport
- Mechanical assistance with your bike
- Ride files and Bikestyle guide to the 2019 Vuelta a Espana
- Full Bikestyle Tours kit including knicks, cycling jersey, cap and musette bag
Note: All bike hire costs include 2 water bottles for you to keep. We also provide a saddle bag with a spare tube, pump, tyre-levers and multi-tool. The pump and saddle bag with its contents must be returned with the hire bike at the end of hire.
AT A GLANCE
High Staff Ratio
Intermediate to Experienced
3 & 4 Star Hotels
Our 2019 grand tour trip following La Vuelta will pick up the racing during the second week
The 74th edition of the Vuelta starts on Saturday 24 August with a flat TTT. Starting in the hot climates of Southern Spain, the race moves toward the mountains and finishes its first week in Andorra. Unlike other Grand Tours, the opening week of the Vuelta has fewer flat stages and more summit finishes and a mountain stage. It is no surprise La Vuelta 2019 suits the climbers.
Our 2019 grand tour trip following La Vuelta will pick up the racing during the second week. The race features an extraordinary total of eight summit finishes including the much-anticipated ramps of Los Machucos, and a brutal climbing stage in Andorra most notable.
The final week plays out in the mountain ranges surrounding the capital Madrid before a finale on Sunday 15 September in Madrid. We’ll follow the race from Green Spain, through the historic palaces in Castile and León and finish in the Art precinct of Madrid.
The highlights of our trip include climbing the mighty Angliru, and known by many cyclists as Spain’s version of the Tourmalet, Alto de la Cubilla. We will ride along many sections of the 2019 race-route, parts of the world famous Camino de Santiago, popular coastal villages and the wonderful cycling routes around Segovia.
We’ve scoured the best accommodation close to and sometimes on the race route. Often luxury accommodation with spa facilities and fine dining. At the Vuelta, we often share dining halls with some of the pro-teams along the way.