Tour Down Under 2020 Trip Details
- Accommodation at Race Headquarters, Hilton Adelaide
- Gourmet BBQ and Picnic on some days
- 3-course welcome lunch including drinks
- Escape by bike in the Adelaide Hills, including Corkscrew, Checker Hill, Norton Summit, Gorge Road and Mt Lofty Lookout
- Experience the famous Old Willunga Hill stage in McLaren Vale wine region
- Visit Hahndorf, Stirling, Lobethal, Uraidla and Aldgate Valley
- Full mechanical assistance, van support and guided rides
Dates: January 19, 2020 to January 26, 2020
Start: Adelaide, Australia
Finish: Adelaide, Australia
Group Size: 30 guests – 6 staff
Single Supplement: TBD
Note: All trip costs are per person, not including airfare and based on two persons per room. If travelling alone we will match you with a person to share. Alternatively, you may choose to have a room of your own by paying the single supplement.
Note: It is a requirement of Bikestyle Tours that you have Travel Insurance for your trip.
Our trips allow you to choose a suitable ride each day. Alternative ride options are available on most days. We use a consistent ride rating to help you choose your ride. We rate each ride on various factors; distance, total climbing, intensity and altitude. The table below is a guide to our ride rating system.
Unfortunately, we can’t forecast the weather when designing our rides, but your trip leader will advise you on any precautions.
|Distance||SHORT: less than 30km|
|MEDIUM: between 30km and 80km (depending on the total climbing).|
|LONG: more than 80 km|
|Ascent||Total climbing (ascending) for the day, anything over 2000m is a big day|
|Intensity||Some rides may have time constraints. Our rides vary from EASY, MODERATE to HARD.|
|Altitude||Some of our rides may go into alpine areas where thinner air affects your intake of oxygen.|
Spectators and Off the Bike
Racing fans are always welcome!
Social Riding and Leisure
We understand that your cycling holiday is a HOLIDAY! We understand that you don't normally ride everyday at home. Our ride routes cherry-pick the best areas.
Some training will always enhance your experience!
Your cycling holiday is all actually about the bike! Our epic and challenge ride options seek more vertical metres and longer miles.
Tour cost is per person twin share and includes:
- Accommodation at the Adelaide Hilton
- Airport Transfers for arrivals
- Airport Transfers for departures
- Full buffet breakfast each day
- Gourmet restaurant lunch with wines included
- Pre-dinner drinks and appetizers at a local wine bar
- Picnic lunch including cold drinks
- Gourmet BBQ Lunch including wine and beer at Willunga Hill finish
- Daily viewing of the Santos Tour Down Under
- All transport for you and your bike, including support for non-cyclists
- Professional mechanical assistance and advice
- Guided rides each day with opportunities to ride the course
- Detailed Itinerary including ride maps
- Full Bikestyle kit including cycling jersey, bib-knicks, musette and cap
- Trip Pack: Information on how to prepare for your trip and what to take
AT A GLANCE
4 to 8 Days
High Staff Ratio
Experienced to Social
TDU Race HQ
Santos Tour Down Under Stages
Santos TDU 2020 will have a total of 6 stages, plus the Down Under Classic. See the race everyday.
Adelaide is a great place for this cycling event, and a great place to ride.
A city large enough to have all of the facilities you could want.
But it is also small enough for cyclists to take-over the precinct for an entire week.
Don’t miss the Santos Tour Down Under 2020
Last year we saw the famous Old Willunga Hill stage move to Stage 6, the final day. It created an exciting finish and the atmosphere was incredible. Our guests enjoy a privately catered gourmet BBQ at the finish area. We get you there to witness the celebration of the winners of the Santos Tour Down Under.
The week-long event brings the top World Tour professional cycling teams to race on the streets of Adelaide and regional South Australia each January. Up for grabs are important UCI World Tour points and the Santos Tour Down Under Ochre Leader’s Jersey.
Bikestyle Tours has been an official Travel Specialist since the inception of the Santos Tour Down Uner. We draw on our experience and local knowledge to provide you with the best that Adelaide, South Australia, and the TDU race has to offer.
Longest official tour operator of TDU
Like all Bikestyle Tours trips, the itinerary is carefully planned, you can choose between different ride options each day. We deliver great service, every time.
- Experienced guides
- High guide-to-guest ratio
- Attention to every detail
We have exceptional service to our guests
Getting around on the bike, help with the bike, following the race, improving your riding and maximising your experiences off the bike are all part of our service.
One of the major highlights of the trip is staying at race HQ – the Adelaide Hilton, along with all the pro-riders, cycling teams, and media. Our guests are able to take photos with all of the cycling stars.
Our Tour Down Under trip is great summer holiday, escaping by bike.
- If you are from Australia, the TDU is the only annual UCI road cycling event where you don’t have to travel overseas to be a part of.
- If you are from abroad, the TDU allows you to visit one of the most beautiful places in the world – Australia, although we may be biased.
- Relax with Bikestyle Tours, as our guests have come to expect the highest level of professional guides and meticulous organisation from over 20 years of experience.
Why Pre-Book with Bikestyle Tours?
Pre-bookings are risk free and guarantees you a spot!
Our pre-booking system is risk free way to reserve your place. That means you have first right of refusal once we’ve released the official trip itinerary. You’ll have 10 days to decide from when you receive the itinerary to confirm or cancel the booking. If the itinerary doesn’t suit you, you can cancel your booking within the 10-day period and your pre-booking deposit is fully refunded to you.
Our Trips are Guaranteed Departures.
Guaranteed departures give you peace of mind that once you’ve booked your trip – you’re going! We do not cancel trips due to insufficient numbers leaving you stranded. Our customers come from all over the world, so no matter where you live we can help you with your cycling vacation.