Tour Down Under 2020 Trip Details
AT A GLANCE
- 4 Days
- Gourmet BBQ
- 3 Stages
- Luxury Transport
- High Staff Ratio
- Experienced to Social
- TDU Race HQ, Hilton Adelaide
- Accommodation at Race Headquarters, Hilton Adelaide
- Gourmet BBQ on Willunga Hill
- Welcome function including canapes and drinks
- Escape by bike in the Adelaide Hills, including Corkscrew, Checker Hill, Norton Summit, Gorge Road and Mt Lofty Lookout
- Experience the famous Old Willunga Hill stage in McLaren Vale wine region
- Visit Hahndorf, Stirling and Clarendon
- Full mechanical assistance, van support and guided rides
Dates: January 23, 2020 to January 26, 2020
Start: Hilton Adelaide, Race HQ
Finish: Hilton Adelaide, Race HQ
Group Size: 30 guests – 6 staff
Single Supplement: TBD
Note: All trip costs are per person, not including airfare and based on two persons per room. If travelling alone we will match you with a person to share. Alternatively, you may choose to have a room of your own by paying the single supplement.
Note: It is a requirement of Bikestyle Tours that you have Travel Insurance for your trip.
We ride on the course and see 3 stages of Santos Tour Down Under. Our rides depart from our accommodation. If you want a longer ride, you have the option to ride back to our accommodation.
Navigation assistance from our ride guides and we have support vehicles on hand. Our vehicles have professional bike carriers so we take the best care of you and your bike.
We will transport you to the start of the Challenge Tour ride, and return you from the finish. You can choose your distance from the Challenge Tour options and our daily ride options. Our trips suit less experienced riders as well.
Our staff are experienced and can help you improve your riding.
Riding and Non-Riding Itineraries
Leisure Riders and Less Experienced
We have ride options that are suitable to guests that are new to cycling, or just don't ride that often. However, we suggest training as it always more fun!
Spectators and Non-Riding Partners
Bring your non-riding partner and share the fun of a World Tour cycling event. Join our racing fans!
We have longer ride options and options that explore more hills. Our staff are always on hand to ride more or offer some advice for improving your riding. Learn to descend better, ride in a group safely and how to pace yourself on a climb.
Tour cost is per person twin share and includes:
- Accommodation at the Adelaide Hilton
- Airport Transfers on arrival and departure
- Full buffet breakfast each day
- Pre-dinner drinks and appetizers at a local wine bar
- Gourmet BBQ Lunch including wine and beer at Willunga Hill finish
- Watch the Santos Tour Down Under 2020
- All transport for you and your bike, including support for non-cyclists
- Professional bike mechanical support
- Guided rides each day with opportunities to ride the course
- Detailed Itinerary and guide to Santos Tour Down Under
- Full Bikestyle kit including cycling jersey, bib-knicks, musette and cap
- Regular information on how to prepare for your trip
Santos Tour Down Under Stages
See the Santos TDU 2020 final stages.
Enjoy the apres velo (after bike) activities across Adelaide, close to your accommodation.
Ride the Challenge Tour at Santos Tour Down Under 2020
Many guests join us for the weekend to ride the Challenge Tour on closed roads. It is a community ride and raises money for cancer research. Various ride options are available, and all follow the course for that day’s stage.
Organisers provide feed and water stations on course. However, the finish and start of the ride can be a long way from your accommodation. We take you to the start, and bring you back from the finish. Our private transport is exclusive for our guests. We use professional bike carriers for your bike – so your bike is protected.
Last year we saw the final stage on Old Willunga Hill. Our guests enjoy a privately catered gourmet BBQ at the finish area. Witness the celebration of the winners of the Santos Tour Down Under.
Longest official tour operator of TDU
Our long weekend event follows the top World Tour professional cycling teams as they race in the Santos Tour Down Under on a course that highlights the wine regions, and vibrant towns surrounding Adelaide each January. Up for grabs are important UCI World Tour points and the Santos Tour Down Under Ochre Leader’s Jersey.
We help our guests with exceptional service
- designing safe and enjoyable cycling routes
- mechanical assistance with your bike
- understanding the race tactics and best viewing locations
- complimentary coaching to help improve your riding
Maximise your experiences on the bike and off the bike
Unique to Bikestyle Trips are that we stay at Adelaide Hilton, the headquarters for all cyclists, media center and VIPs.
We have the best access to cycling stars.
- Take your photo with a Pro.
- Talk with a Pro.
- Watch the professional bike mechanics at work
Like all Bikestyle Tours trips, the itinerary is carefully planned, you can choose between different ride options each day. We deliver great service, every time.
- Experienced guides
- High guide-to-guest ratio
- Attention to every detail
Pre-Book with Bikestyle Tours
Pre-bookings are fully refundable!
Our trips have a departure guarantee