- 8 nights accommodation at Race Headquarters, Hilton Adelaide
- Gourmet BBQ and Picnic on some days
- 3-course welcome lunch including drinks
- Escape by bike in the Adelaide Hills, including Corkscrew, Checker Hill, Norton Summit, Gorge Road and Mt Lofty Lookout
- Experience the famous Old Willunga Hill stage in McLaren Vale wine region
- Visit Hahndorf, Stirling, Lobethal, Uraidla and Aldgate Valley
- Full mechanical assistance, van support and guided rides
Duration: 9 Days
Dates: January 13, 2019 to January 21, 2019
Start: Adelaide, Australia
Finish: Adelaide, Australia
Group Size: 30 guests, 5 staff
Single Supplement: AUD$1495.00
Note: All trip costs are per person, not including airfare and based on two persons per room. If travelling alone we will match you with a person to share. Alternatively, you may choose to have a room of your own by paying the single supplement.
Note: It is a requirement of Bikestyle Tours that you have Travel Insurance for your trip.
Our trips allow you to choose a suitable ride each day. Alternative ride options are available on most days. We use a consistent ride rating to help you choose your ride. We rate each ride on various factors; distance, total climbing, intensity and altitude. The table below is a guide to our ride rating system.
Unfortunately, we can’t forecast the weather when designing our rides, but your trip leader will advise you on any precautions.
|Distance||SHORT: less than 30km|
|MEDIUM: between 30km and 80km (depending on the total climbing).|
|LONG: more than 80 km|
|Ascent||Total climbing (ascending) for the day, anything over 2000m is a big day|
|Intensity||Some rides may have time constraints. Our rides vary from EASY, MODERATE to HARD.|
|Altitude||Some of our rides may go into alpine areas where thinner air affects your intake of oxygen.|
Spectators and Off the Bike
Racing fans are always welcome! Our primary focus is the cycling race and riding our bikes. We often follow the race course and always cherry pick the most spectacular cycling roads. Our support van is used predominantly to rendezvous with our cyclists to refuel riders. By joining our support van, our non-cyclists experience some beautiful countryside one would not normally see.
Our non-cycling itinerary ideal for a non-riding partner. There are always villages to explore, cultures to experience and great photographic opportunities.
Social Riding and Leisure
We understand that your cycling holiday is a HOLIDAY! We understand that you don't normally ride everyday at home and our itinerary enables you to enjoy the experience without suffering through miles on the road to reach the best section of the ride.
Our rides have shorter options for you to experience the challenge of riding the world's great cycling roads (they are often climbs). However, some training will always enhance your experience!
Your cycling holiday is all actually about the bike! Our epic and challenge ride options seek more vertical metres and longer miles. Even at the completion of our longer ride itineraries there is opportunity for a second (or third) summit for the day, or completing the ride to your hotel (sometimes it's faster!).
Your knowledgeable tour guide's will meet your desire for extending most of our planned rides. Guests who follow our longest ride option each day often complete more than 12,000 m (30,000 ft) of climbing within a week.
Tour cost is per person twin share and includes:
- 8 nights accommodation at the Adelaide Hilton
- Airport Collection on Sunday, January 13
- Airport Return on Sunday, January 21
- Full buffet breakfast each day
- Gourmet restaurant lunch with wines included
- Pre-dinner drinks and appetizers at a local wine bar
- Picnic lunch including cold drinks
- Gourmet BBQ Lunch including wine and beer at Willunga Hill finish
- Daily viewing of the Santos Tour Down Under
- All transport for you and your bike, including support for non-cyclists
- Professional mechanical assistance and advice
- Guided rides each day with opportunities to ride the course
- Detailed Itinerary including ride maps
- Full Bikestyle kit including cycling jersey, bib-knicks, musette and cap
- Trip Pack: Information on how to prepare for your trip and what to take
AT A GLANCE
- 9 Days
- Gourmet BBQ and Picnic
- All TDU Stages
- Luxury Transport
- High Staff Ratio
- Experienced top Social
- Stay at Race HQ
Premium Tour Down Under Experience
The week-long event brings the top World Tour professional cycling teams to race on the streets of Adelaide and regional South Australia each January. Adelaide has become a great place for this cycling event, and a great place to ride. A city large enough to have all of the facilities you could want. But it is also small enough for cyclists to take over the precinct for an entire week. Up for grabs are important UCI World Tour points and the Santos Tour Down Under Ochre Leader’s Jersey.
Bikestyle Tours has been an Official Travel Specialist for the Santos Tour Down Under since its inception. We draw on our experience and local knowledge to provide you with the best that Adelaide, South Australia, and the TDU race has to offer.
Like all Bikestyle Tours trips, the itinerary is carefully planned, you can choose between different ride options each day. Our experienced guides, high guide-to-guest ratio and attention to every detail provide guests with great service, every time. Getting around on the bike, help with the bike, following the race, improving your riding and maximising your experiences off the bike are all part of our service.
One of the major highlights of the trip is staying at race HQ – the Adelaide Hilton, along with all the pro-riders, cycling teams, and media.
A great summer holiday, escaping by bike.
- If you are from Australia, the TDU is the only annual UCI road cycling event where you don’t have to travel overseas to be a part of.
- If you are from abroad, the TDU allows you to visit one of the most beautiful places in the world – Australia, although we may be biased.
- Relax with Bikestyle Tours, as our guests have come to expect the highest level of professional guides and meticulous organisation from over 20 years of experience.
This Trip will be Escorted by Former Pro-Cyclist, Lorian Graham
Lorian is a survivor and a caring Bikestyle Tours guide. Her insights into women’s racing, highs and lows of the sport are just some of the stories she is able to share. Guests love having Lorian as their guide because her care and encouragement toward them creates something very special about being on the bike. The Adelaide Hills are a special place for Lorian as it was here that she was crowned National Road Cycling Champion.