Tour de France Trip Details
Bucket List Climbs
- Iconic French climbs such as Alpe d'Huez, Mont Ventoux, Col du Tourmalet
- Ride the Grandes Alpes in the French Alps including Col du Galibier
- Conquer the stunning climbs in the Pyrenees such as Cirque du Litor to Col d'Aubisque
- Stunning ride routes, avoiding major roads and making the most of the picturesque area
- Explore the balcony roads and most beautiful villages across France
- Visit Provence, Central Massif
- Enjoy French wine and great French cuisine
Experience the UCI WORLD TOUR live
- See the key stages across the three weeks of racing in France
When: July 2020
Start: France, various locations
Finish: France, various locations
Group Size: up to 30 guests, 6 staff
Single Supplement: TBD
Note: All trip costs are per person, not including airfare and based on two persons per room. If travelling alone we will match you with a person to share. Alternatively, you may choose to have a room of your own by paying the single supplement.
Note: Bikestyle Tours requires that all guests have a valid Travel Insurance policy for the duration of their trip.
Our trips allow you to choose a suitable ride each day. Alternative ride options are available on most days. We use a consistent ride rating to help you choose your ride. We rate each ride on various factors; distance, total climbing, intensity and altitude. The table below is a guide to our ride rating system.
Unfortunately, we can’t forecast the weather when designing our rides, but your trip leader will advise you on any precautions.
|Distance||SHORT: less than 30km|
|MEDIUM: between 30km and 80km (depending on the total climbing).|
|LONG: more than 80 km|
|Ascent||Total climbing (ascending) for the day, anything over 2000m is a big day|
|Intensity||Some rides may have time constraints. Our rides vary from EASY, MODERATE to HARD.|
|Altitude||Some of our rides may go into alpine areas where thinner air affects your intake of oxygen.|
Spectators and Off the Bike
Racing fans are always welcome!
Social Riding and Leisure
We understand that your cycling holiday is a HOLIDAY! We understand that you don't normally ride everyday at home. Our ride routes cherry-pick the best areas.
Some training will always enhance your experience!
Your cycling holiday is all actually about the bike! Our epic and challenge ride options seek more vertical metres and longer miles.
Tour cost is per person twin share and includes:
- Transport throughout by custom mini vans or luxury coach
- Services of our experienced tour guides, mechanics and drivers
- Accommodation 3 & 4 Star hotels
- Buffet breakfast daily
- 3 course evening meals on most nights
- Wine at welcome and farewell dinners
- Scheduled arrival transfer on day one
- Scheduled departure transfer on final day
- Mechanical assistance with your bike
- Ride files and Bikestyle guide to the Giro Italia
- Full Bikestyle Tours kit including knicks, cycling jersey, cap and musette bag
- Bike Rental Cost: TBD
- Optional upgrade to SuperSix EVO Ultegra Di2
Note: All bike hire costs include 2 water bottles for you to keep. We also provide a saddle bag with a spare tube, pump, tyre-levers and multi-tool. The pump and saddle bag with its contents must be returned with the hire bike at the end of hire.
AT A GLANCE
7 to 26 days
High Staff Ratio
Social to Experienced
3 & 4 Star Hotels
Spectactor only trips
Tour de France Route
107th Tour de France — Grandest of Grand Tour experience
We will have more information on the 2020 Tour de France Route soon. However, to ensure you’re kept up to date, register for our newsletter.
Grand Depart from Nice
Race organisers have announced an exciting new format for the opening stages, deviating from the traditional prologue or series of flat stages that favour the sprinters. The opening two stages of Le Tour are a spectators delight.
With Cote d’Azur and the French Riviera as a backdrop, the course has challenging mountains in the Southern French Alps. A loop circuit also gives spectators the opportunity to see the action multiple times.
Our 2020 Grand Depart trip is sure to sell out quickly.
2020 Tour de France Route - what we know so far...
Why do guests choose Bikestyle Tours?
- We minimise transfers and reduce travel fatigue
- We arrive at hotels at a reasonable hour, sleep is important
- We eat at regular times, poor decisions are made when hunger takes over
- We plan months in advance so that we avoid busy or dangerous roads
- Every guest has a seat in our transport and no-one is left stranded
- Our guides have a safety ethos; competent in navigation, communication and first aid
With Bikestyle Tours, you can choose your trip style
We have a selection of trips for you to choose from.
- Spectators Only – designed for the race fan. Get close to the action and take side trips to iconic French locations
- Social Riders – share your experience with other like minded riders. We design rides that avoid major roads and transport you to the most beautiful sections. Choose from a selection of challenging or easier options each day. Even share your experience with a non-riding partner meeting up with them along your ride.
- Experienced Riders Only – Out epic ride trips are great to conquer more miles and more vertical elevation. It truly is all about the bike. We design rides that meet up with the race at opportunistic locations avoiding long waits at the side of the road. We’d rather be out riding ourselves.
Why Pre-Book with Bikestyle Tours?
Pre-bookings are risk free and guarantees you a spot!
Our pre-booking system is risk free way to reserve your place. That means you have first right of refusal once we’ve released the official trip itinerary. You’ll have 10 days to decide from when you receive the itinerary to confirm or cancel the booking. If the itinerary doesn’t suit you, you can cancel your booking within the 10-day period and your pre-booking deposit is fully refunded to you.
Our Trips are Guaranteed Departures.
Guaranteed departures give you peace of mind that once you’ve booked your trip – you’re going! We do not cancel trips due to insufficient numbers leaving you stranded. Our customers come from all over the world, so no matter where you live we can help you with your cycling vacation.