Paris-Roubaix Cycle Sportive Trip Details
- If you are a true Cycling Enthusiast then you make the pilgrimage once in your life!
- This trip will show you around all the famous sights of Northern France, immerse you in its culture and take you along its famous roads. You will see Paris Roubaix.
- There’s also 2 days of cycling including the bone-jarring but must do, the new Paris Roubaix Cyclo Sportif including the Arenberg Forest and the Roubaix Velodrome.
- 2 nights in beautiful Ieper in the centre of the Flanders Battlefields.
- Included will be a visit to Brugge and the last post at the Menin Gates.
Dates: April 10, 2020 to April 13, 2020
Start: Brussels, Belgium
Finish: Brussels, Belgium
Group Size: 15 guests – 3 staff
Single Supplement: $300AUD
Note: All trip costs are per person, not including airfare and based on two persons per room. If travelling alone we will match you with a person to share. Alternatively, you may choose to have a room of your own by paying the single supplement.
Note: It is a requirement of Bikestyle Tours that you have Travel Insurance for your trip.
Our trips allow you to choose a suitable ride each day. Alternative ride options are available on most days. We use a consistent ride rating to help you choose your ride. We rate each ride on various factors; distance, total climbing, intensity and altitude. The table below is a guide to our ride rating system.
Unfortunately, we can’t forecast the weather when designing our rides, but your trip leader will advise you on any precautions.
|Distance||SHORT: less than 30km|
|MEDIUM: between 30km and 80km (depending on the total climbing).|
|LONG: more than 80 km|
|Ascent||Total climbing (ascending) for the day, anything over 2000m is a big day|
|Intensity||Some rides may have time constraints. Our rides vary from EASY, MODERATE to HARD.|
|Altitude||Some of our rides may go into alpine areas where thinner air affects your intake of oxygen.|
Spectators and Off the Bike
Racing fans are always welcome!
Social Riding and Leisure
We understand that your cycling holiday is a HOLIDAY! We understand that you don't normally ride everyday at home. Our ride routes cherry-pick the best areas.
Some training will always enhance your experience!
Your cycling holiday is all actually about the bike! Our epic and challenge ride options seek more vertical metres and longer miles.
Tour cost is per person twin share and includes:
- All Transport.
- Services of experienced Tour Guides, including former Belgian pro cyclist, Eric de Clercq.
- Return transfers from Zaventem Airport on Friday and Monday
- Accommodation in a quality 3 star Hotel (Ieper) and 4 star hotel in Zaventem.
- Buffet breakfast daily.
- 3 course evening meals on 3 nights.
- Mechanical assistance with your bike.
- Sightseeing as listed.
- Bikestyle Tours Itinerary.
- Bikestyle Tours Cycling Jersey and bibs.
- Entry to Paris Roubaix Cyclosportif event.
Note: All bike hire costs include 2 water bottles for you to keep. We also provide a saddle bag with a spare tube, pump, tyre-levers and multi-tool. The pump and saddle bag with its contents must be returned with the hire bike at the end of hire.
AT A GLANCE
- 4 Days
- 3 Dinners
- Paris Roubaix
- Luxury Transport
- High Staff Ratio
- Intermediate to Experienced
- 3 & 4 Star Hotels
Ride with the hard men, including former professional Eric de Clercq
Eric had 19 victories including a stage win in the Tour of Britain. He is one of the hard men of Belgium having raced the big Classics such as Tour of Flanders and Paris Roubaix.
His career spanned 11 years from 1991 to 2002:
- La William-Duvel from 1991-1993
- Collstrop from 1994-2002.
Since retiring he has continued his work in the professional cycling industry. First as a director sportif for a Women’s professional cycling team. He has now been a cycling guide with Bikestyle Tours for many years.
Our guests enjoy his insight into the Spring Classics. Speaking three languages, you will find Eric to be a very capable guide and great guy to socialise with after a ride. He also continues to work with professional teams as a team soigneur and looking after their VIP guests during race-days.
Paris Roubaix Weekend Itinerary
Welcome to Paris Roubaix
Dive into Ieper’s medieval past in the town centre and pay a visit to the Cloth Hall on one of the most beautiful market squares of Belgium or go for a walk around the 17th Century Vauban ramparts.
Paris-Roubaix Cyclo Sportif
Paris-Roubaix Cyclo Sportif gives every cyclist the opportunity to experience the magic of Paris-Roubaix! The Paris-Roubaix Challenge is conducted under the same conditions with the same cobblestones and the finish on the Vélodrome… Does it get any better?
Experience Paris – Roubaix
There is no other race in the world like the Paris-Roubaix. The French race is known for its torturous pavé sectors and the many stories of pain and destruction that they hold.
Farewell from Roubaix
Sadly, our trip comes to an end today. We hope have enjoyed the Paris Roubaix experience and challenged yourself on some of the toughest cobbled roads in Europe.