- Ride the Tour of Flanders Cycle Sportif event and the Paris Roubaix Cycle Sportif event.
- See two of the greatest races in the world and a semi-classic:
- Tour of Flanders
- Grote Scheldeprijs
- Paris Roubaix
- Ride the famous roads with Eric de Clercq, an ex Belgian Pro
- Visit the Tour of Flanders Centre and Museum
- Visit traditional Belgium Brewery
- Experience Belgian Hospitality
- Immerse yourself in a true Cycling Culture
- Visit Flanders Fields and Ieper with the Menin Gate.
Duration: 11 Days
Dates: April 5, 2019 to April 15, 2019
Start: Brussels, Belgium
Finish: Brussels, Belgium
Group Size: Maximum 15 people (3 Staff)
Single Supplement: AUD$800
Note: All trip costs are per person, not including airfare and based on two persons per room. If travelling alone we will match you with a person to share. Alternatively, you may choose to have a room of your own by paying the single supplement.
Note: It is a requirement of Bikestyle Tours that you have Travel Insurance for your trip.
Our trips allow you to choose a suitable ride each day. Alternative ride options are available on most days. We use a consistent ride rating to help you choose your ride. We rate each ride on various factors; distance, total climbing, intensity and altitude. The table below is a guide to our ride rating system.
Unfortunately, we can’t forecast the weather when designing our rides, but your trip leader will advise you on any precautions.
|Distance||SHORT: less than 30km|
|MEDIUM: between 30km and 80km (depending on the total climbing).|
|LONG: more than 80 km|
|Ascent||Total climbing (ascending) for the day, anything over 2000m is a big day|
|Intensity||Some rides may have time constraints. Our rides vary from EASY, MODERATE to HARD.|
|Altitude||Some of our rides may go into alpine areas where thinner air affects your intake of oxygen.|
Spectators and Off the Bike
Racing fans are always welcome!
Social Riding and Leisure
We understand that your cycling holiday is a HOLIDAY! We understand that you don't normally ride everyday at home. Our ride routes cherry-pick the best areas.
Some training will always enhance your experience!
Your cycling holiday is all actually about the bike! Our epic and challenge ride options seek more vertical metres and longer miles.
Tour cost is per person twin share and includes:
- All Transport.
- Services of experienced Tour Guides, including former Belgian pro cyclist, Eric de Clercq.
- Return transfers from Zaventem Airport on the 5th April and 15th April.
- Accommodation in a 3 star apartment (Gent), a quality 4 star Hotel (Ieper) and 4 star hotel in Zaventem.
- Buffet breakfast daily.
- 3 course evening meals on 5 nights.
- Lunch on 2 days.
- Mechanical assistance with your bike.
- Sightseeing as listed.
- Ride files and Bikestyle Tours Itinerary.
- Bikestyle Tours Cycling Jersey & Bibs
- Entry to Tour of Flanders and Paris Roubaix Sportif
Note: All bike hire costs include 2 water bottles for you to keep. We also provide a saddle bag with a spare tube, pump, tyre-levers and multi-tool. The pump and saddle bag with its contents must be returned with the hire bike at the end of hire.
AT A GLANCE
5 Dinners, 2 Lunches
Flanders and Roubaix
High Staff Ratio
Intermediate to Experienced
3 & 4 Star Hotels
This Trip will be Escorted by Former Pro-Cyclist, Eric de Clercq
Eric is a native Belgian whose career spanned 11 years from 1991 to 2002, in which he had 19 victories including a stage win in the Tour of Britain. He is one of the hard men of Belgium having raced the big Classics such as Tour of Flanders and Paris Roubaix. Eric rode for La William-Duvel from 1991-1993, and Collstrop from 1994-2002.
After he retired from racing, Eric became a Director Sportif from 2004-2007 for the Vlaanderen Women’s Pro Team. It was here that Eric learnt the organisational skills that make him such an asset to Bikestyle Tours.
Eric has been with Bikestyle Tours for several years and has run trips to the Spring Classics, Giro d’Italia, La Vuelta a Espana and of course, le Tour de France. Speaking three languages, you will find Eric to be a very capable guide and good guy to socialise with after a ride.