Duration: 11 Days
Dates: April 19, 2019 to April 29, 2019
Start: Brussels, Belgium
Finish: Brussels, Belgium
Group Size: 7 people - 2 Staff
Single Supplement: AUD$790
Note: All trip costs are per person, not including airfare and based on two persons per room. If travelling alone we will match you with a person to share. Alternatively, you may choose to have a room of your own by paying the single supplement.
Note: It is a requirement of Bikestyle Tours that you have Travel Insurance for your trip.
- Ride the Tour of Amstel Gold Cycle Sport event and the Liège-Bastogne-Liège Cycle Sport event.
- See some of the greatest races in the world and a semi-classic: Amstel Gold, Flêche Wallonne and Liège-Bastogne-Liège
- Ride the famous roads of the Belgian Ardennes with Eric de Clercq, an ex Belgian Pro
- Visit the Ridley High tech windtunnel
- Experience Belgian Hospitality
- Immerse yourself in a true Cycling Culture
Our trips allow you to choose a suitable ride each day. Alternative ride options are available on most days. We use a consistent ride rating to help you choose your ride. We rate each ride on various factors; distance, total climbing, intensity and altitude. The table below is a guide to our ride rating system.
Unfortunately, we can’t forecast the weather when designing our rides, but your trip leader will advise you on any precautions.
|Distance||SHORT: less than 30km|
|MEDIUM: between 30km and 80km (depending on the total climbing).|
|LONG: more than 80 km|
|Ascent||Total climbing (ascending) for the day, anything over 2000m is a big day|
|Intensity||Some rides may have time constraints. Our rides vary from EASY, MODERATE to HARD.|
|Altitude||Some of our rides may go into alpine areas where thinner air affects your intake of oxygen.|
Spectators and Off the Bike
Racing fans are always welcome!
Social Riding and Leisure
We understand that your cycling holiday is a HOLIDAY! We understand that you don't normally ride everyday at home. Our ride routes cherry-pick the best areas.
Some training will always enhance your experience!
Your cycling holiday is all actually about the bike! Our epic and challenge ride options seek more vertical metres and longer miles.
Tour cost is per person twin share and includes:
- All Transport.
- Services of experienced Tour Guides, including former Belgian pro cyclist, Eric de Clercq.
- Return transfers from Zaventem Airport on the 13th April and 23rd April.
- 9 Nights accommodation in Tongeren, 1 night accommodation in Brussels.
- Buffet breakfast daily.
- 3 course evening meals on 3 nights.
- Lunch on 3 days.
- Mechanical assistance with your bike.
- Sightseeing as listed.
- Ride files and Bikestyle Tours Itinerary.
- Bikestyle Tours Cycling Jersey & Bibs
- Entry to Amstel Gold and Liège–Bastogne–Liège Sportifs
Note: All bike hire costs include 2 water bottles for you to keep. We also provide a saddle bag with a spare tube, pump, tyre-levers and multi-tool. The pump and saddle bag with its contents must be returned with the hire bike at the end of hire.
High Staff Ratio
Intermediate to Experienced
3 & 4 Star Hotels
This Trip will be Escorted by Former Pro-Cyclist, Eric de Clercq
Each year Bikestyle Tours hosts several multi-day Ardennes Classics trips, escorted by a former profession and (still a) hard-man of Belgium cycling Eric de Clercq. Bikestyle Tours secure our guests entry into the cyclo-sportifs that give participants the opportunity to ride the same (brutal) roads as the professionals.
Eric is a native Belgian whose career spanned 11 years from 1991 to 2002, in which he had 19 victories including a stage win in the Tour of Britain. He is one of the hard men of Belgium cycling having raced the big Classics such as Tour of Flanders and Paris Roubaix. Eric rode for La William-Duvel from 1991-1993, and Collstrop from 1994-2002.
After he retired from racing, Eric became a Director Sportif from 2004-2007 for the Vlaanderen Women’s Pro Team. It was here that Eric learnt the organisational skills that make him such an asset to Bikestyle Tours.
Eric has been with Bikestyle Tours for several years and has run trips to the Spring Classics, Giro d’Italia, La Vuelta a Espana and of course, le Tour de France. Speaking three languages, you will find Eric to be a very capable guide and good guy to socialise with after a ride.