Giro d'Italia 2020 Trip Details
Bucket List Climbs
- Iconic Giro climbs such as Passo dello Stelvio, Mortirolo, asso di Gavia , Monte Grappa, Sella Ronda
- Visit the shrine of remembrance to cycling's greatest, Madonna del Ghisallo
- Stunning ride routes, avoiding major roads and making the most of the picturesque area
- Explore the lakes and wineries scattered across Italy
- Visit the lakes of Northern Italy
- Ride through the dramatic landscape of the Dolomites
Experience the UCI WORLD TOUR live
- See the key stages of the final two weeks of racing in Italy
When: May 2020
Start: Stresa, Italy
Finish: Lake Como, Italy
Group Size: 14 guests, 4 staff
Single Supplement: TBD
Note: All trip costs are per person, not including airfare and based on two persons per room. If travelling alone we will match you with a person to share. Alternatively, you may choose to have a room of your own by paying the single supplement.
Note: Bikestyle Tours requires that all guests have a valid Travel Insurance policy for the duration of their trip.
Our trips allow you to choose a suitable ride each day. Alternative ride options are available on most days. We use a consistent ride rating to help you choose your ride. We rate each ride on various factors; distance, total climbing, intensity and altitude. The table below is a guide to our ride rating system.
Unfortunately, we can’t forecast the weather when designing our rides, but your trip leader will advise you on any precautions.
|Distance||SHORT: less than 30km|
|MEDIUM: between 30km and 80km (depending on the total climbing).|
|LONG: more than 80 km|
|Ascent||Total climbing (ascending) for the day, anything over 2000m is a big day|
|Intensity||Some rides may have time constraints. Our rides vary from EASY, MODERATE to HARD.|
|Altitude||Some of our rides may go into alpine areas where thinner air affects your intake of oxygen.|
Spectators and Off the Bike
Racing fans are always welcome!
Social Riding and Leisure
We understand that your cycling holiday is a HOLIDAY! We understand that you don't normally ride everyday at home. Our ride routes cherry-pick the best areas.
Some training will always enhance your experience!
Your cycling holiday is all actually about the bike! Our epic and challenge ride options seek more vertical metres and longer miles.
Tour cost is per person twin share and includes:
- Transport throughout by custom mini vans or luxury coach
- Services of our experienced tour guides, mechanics and drivers
- 10 to 12 nights accommodation 3 & 4 Star hotels
- Buffet breakfast daily
- 3 course evening meals on most nights
- Wine at welcome and farewell dinners
- Scheduled arrival transfer on day one
- Scheduled departure transfer on final day
- Mechanical assistance with your bike
- Ride files and Bikestyle guide to the Giro Italia
- Full Bikestyle Tours kit including knicks, cycling jersey, cap and musette bag
- Bike Rental Cost: $792 AUD (Discounted to $500 AUD)
- Optional upgrade to SuperSix EVO Ultegra Di2
Note: All bike hire costs include 2 water bottles for you to keep. We also provide a saddle bag with a spare tube, pump, tyre-levers and multi-tool. The pump and saddle bag with its contents must be returned with the hire bike at the end of hire.
AT A GLANCE
- 10 to 13 days
- Most Dinners
- Key Stages
- Luxury Transport
- High Staff Ratio
- Intermediate to Experienced
- 3 & 4 Star Hotels
This Trip will be Escorted by Former Pro-Cyclist, Pat Jonker
Although born in The Netherlands, Patrick is an Aussie. He often raced with a Dutch licence during his career and has won 12 major European races in his career.
Patrick turned professional at the end of 1993 and teams include: 1993 WordPerfect, 1994 Novemail, 1995 and 1996 Once, 1997 to 1999 Rabobank, US Postal in 2000 (when injury ruled him out of the Tour) and Big Mat in 2001 and 2002.
He finished 12th overall at the 1996 Tour de France (Miguel Indurain was 13th and you will remember that as the year Bjarne Riis toppled Big Mig and a young up and coming Ullrich was second) and he is also a former Dutch and Australian time trial champion.
Many will know of Patrick’s great win in his final race as a professional, the Tour Down Under. It was a fairytale win for him in front of his hometown crowd and one that we will remember for years to come.
Giro d'Italia Route
103rd Giro — Grand Tour experience, breathtaking rides
Little information is available about the 2020 Giro Italia other than it will start in Hungary. It is the 14th time that the Giro has started beyond its borders. Like past years, we may expect the race to head to Italy’s south. Likewise, we may likely see the race visit Sicily before making its way north.
We’ll most likely pick up the racing as it heads into the northern mountain regions.
Travel with us and will get you to summits of Italy’s greatest climbs, ride Passo dello Stelvio, Monte Grappa, Sella Ronda, Sestriere, Mortirolo, Zoncolan. We’ll target as many of these as we can depending on the race route.
You’ll have the comfort of our supportive professional guides and luxury transport.
Why do guests choose Bikestyle Tours?
- We minimise transfers and reduce travel fatigue
- We arrive at hotels at a reasonable hour, sleep is important
- We eat at regular times, poor decisions are made when hunger takes over
- We plan months in advance so that we avoid busy or dangerous roads
- Every guest has a seat in our transport and no-one is left stranded
- Our guides have a safety ethos; competent in navigation, communication and first aid
Private Trip Reservation Conditions
PRICING: Pricing for private groups is based on agreed minimum numbers of participants being met at the time of receipt of payment of final invoices by all trip participants. Prices may increase if minimum numbers are not met at the time of final invoicing (90 days prior to trip departure date). Final pricing will be based on the number of participants at the time of invoicing.
DEPOSIT: $1500 Australian dollars per person.
A reservation is not considered to be finalised until a deposit for the trip is received.