2021 Glasshouse Mountains to Brisbane Valley Rail Trail
Challenge yourself on a unique cycling experience.
Make tracks and cycle the twists and turns on a backroads adventure.
Fully supported cycling adventure.
ESCAPEAT A GLANCE
- 4 Days
- 2 Dinners, 3 Lunches
- Gravel Adventure
- Intermediate to Experienced
- Pub Style
★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆
- Support Vehicle
- Mechanical Assistance
Brisbane, Australia, July 12, 2021
Brisbane, Australia, July 15, 2021
Group Size: 15 guests – 3 staff
Rides: Mostly gravel, some sealed roads
Challenge Rating: Adventure /Backroads
Accommodation: Country style pubs, shared bathroom – optional single supplement when booking
Experienced Riders: Your cycling holiday is all actually about the bike! Our epic and challenge ride options seek more vertical metres and longer miles.
- 2 course evening meals on 2 nights
- Drinks on welcome and farewell dinners
- Lunch provided each day
- Professional and experienced cycling guides
- Travel in air-conditioned vehicles
- Transfers from designated collection and drop-off locations
- All meals (as listed on itineraries)
- Mechanical assistance with your bike
- Ride nutrition (including drinking water, sport powders and bars / muffins and fruit)
- Tour ride jersey and bib-shorts
- Ride files and detailed tour itinerary
- Entry fees (as listed on itineraries)
Why we Love this Tour
- Explore the amazing roads of the Glasshouse Mountains
- 3 nights accommodation away from the hustle and bustle
- Travelling in a small group of cyclists on carefully designed ride routes that maximise your safety, enjoyment and challenge
- Mechanical and vehicle support for peace of mind
- Fully guided and supported rides
- Pure cycling experience
- Relaxing afternoons off the bike
- Daily bike and laundry service
Price: AUD $1,250 (twin share)
Single Supplement: AUD $225
Note: All trip costs are per person, not including airfare and based on two persons per room. If travelling alone we will match you with a person to share. Alternatively, you may choose to have a room of your own by paying the single supplement.
Note: It is a requirement of Bikestyle Tours that you have Travel Insurance for your trip.
Cycling Adventure and security of team support
When we look to embark on a cycling adventure we think of the roads that we can possibly explore. We then look at how can we minimise the equipment that we carry and maximise the places we ride. We often find our selves limiting to out-and-back rides or epic loops to minimise what we carry, frankly the last half of the ride is miserable. Alternatively, we pack light, and have enough for an overnight adventure. But why not
- explore an entire region
- see many stunning locations
- ride different road surfaces
- climb and descend different gradients
- connect with many environments
— now we’re talking! Also, let’s do it for 4 days!
Experience the cycling adventure with the confidence of not being stranded with our fully supported backroads cycling adventure. We do much more than just plot a ride route.
- mechanics to keep your bike going
- humour to keep you riding
- baggage transfer service
- support vehicle to carry nutrition and spares
- cameras to capture the experience
- unwind, relax and celebrate with a social cold beverage and recall the epic-ness of today’s ride
Glasshouse Mountains to Brisbane Valley Rail Trail Trip Itinerary
City to the Country
Our trip starts with staff meeting you at Ferny Grove train station at 10.00 am. For our interstate guests, we will offer a collection from Brisbane Airport at 8.30 am.
Our start location allows us to avoid the morning traffic as we head west of Brisbane. We have an 80km ride ahead of us as we head west to Samford before starting the journey north where it is “local law” to visit the Dayboro Bakery. Shortly after coffee, we will hit our first solid climb for the day up Mt Mee. From the top, you will have great views back of Brisbane city and our first look at Glasshouse Mountains. After riding across the plateau of Mt Mee the final 20km of our ride is downhill and flat to our accommodation.
We will celebrate the start of our trip together with an afternoon drink to share stories from a great day on the bike.
Bellthorpe State Forest
We have a great day ahead on the bike. From our accommodation we have about 15km of flat riding to warm up the legs before reaching the start of the climb through the amazing Bellthorpe State Forest. Once at the top of the climb we have a lot of downhill to reach Maleny and lunch at the Maleny Dairies! After lunch, we hit the gravel sections to Obi Obi (mostly flat and downhill) with a flat and fast final roll into Kenilworth and our accommodation for the night.
Tonight we will have dinner at the Kenilworth Pub.
Gravel, Forest and Farms
Today you will experience one of the best days on the bike. We are mostly off-road today with the majority of the ride on forestry roads. It is a solid start to the day as we are climbing for the 1st 30km of the ride through the beautiful Conondale National Park, the scenery makes the climbing all worthwhile. We will descend down into the small, small town of Jimna for lunch.
After lunch, the next stage of our adventure begins as we make our way past the historical Jimna Fire Tower that has helped monitor the Jimna State Forest where our ride flattens out. We tackle several creek crossings through farming land. Today’s ride is has all of the adventure elements we love, with the security of a supportive team and support vehicle. After a few hours of descending the valley we reach our destination for the night, Linville.
Brisbane Valley Rail Trail
The Brisbane Valley Rail Trail (BVRT) is Australia’s longest rail-trail at 161km in length. The trail follows the disused Brisbane Valley rail line that commenced construction at Wulkaraka near Ipswich in 1884 and was completed at Yarraman in 1913.
After plenty of climbing over the past few days, we have a flat and fast trail for our final ride. We will join the trail at Linville leaving us 120km of farmland, forests, picturesque rural settings and country towns to explore on our way home, it will be a fantastic way to complete our trip.
We will finish our ride at Ipswich before transferring guests back to Ferny Grove or Brisbane Airport. If you are intending to fly out of Brisbane today we advise not booking flights until 7.00 pm.
Why Book with Bikestyle Tours?
A COVID-Safe plan
- All staff and guests must complete a pre-travel questionnaire prior to the start of the trip
- Bikestyle Tours complies with the QLD COVID Safe Industry Plan (Tourism and Accommodation, Bike Tours); such as controls for social distancing, cleaning and hygiene, vehicle transport.
Bookings are risk-free and guarantee you a spot!
Our covid-19 period booking system is a risk-free way to reserve your place. That means during the declared pandemic you are eligible to reschedule your trip or receive a full refund if due to travel restrictions enforced by Australian government jurisdictions you are unable to arrive at the designated start location on the date specified.
Are Trips Guaranteed Departures?
We make every effort to guarantee departures to give you peace of mind that once you’ve booked your trip – you’re going! We do not cancel trips due to insufficient numbers leaving you stranded.