World Gran Fondo Qualifier
2020 Tour de Brisbane. part of the Brisbane Cycling Festival
Qualify for the UCI Grand Fondo World Championships
Bikestyle Tours is an experienced cycling tour operator and proudly Australian. We are proud to host a UCI Gran Fondo World Championships trip to support those whose qualify for Whistler.
- Qualify for 2020 UCI World Gran Fondo World Championships at Tour de Brisbane (or any other qualifier)
- Confirm your qualification, by entering the race in Whistler
- Book your fully supported trip with Bikestyle Tours
- Book your flights and travel insurance
- Focus on your training
- Wear your country colours and compete for a rainbow jersey
Fully Supported Tour to Whistler Gran Fondo World Championships
- Airport transfers for you and your bicycle from Vancouver International Airport
- Reconnaissance rides on Gran Fondo course
- Pre-race mechanical support for UCI Gran Fondo World Championship, including bike wash and final race check
- 6 nights’ twin share accommodation in Vancouver and Whistler at 3 and 4-star hotels
- Hosted by experienced tour guides
- Breakfast every day and 3 dinners
Exclusive offers for Tour de Brisbane Competitors
Bikestyle Tours are excited to welcome a world class cycling event to our home city, for the second year running. We identified more ways we could support Tour de Brisbane in the inaugural year.
Guided pre-rides on part of the course
Tour de Brisbane Gran Fondo is on a closed road circuit. Competitors will have exclusive access to major arterial roads usually only reserved for vehicles. It is truly a unique event.
- Ride Legacy Tunnel
- Ride Story Bridge
- Ride South Eastern Busway
- Ride Western Freeway
- Ride Mount Coot-tha
Ride Mount Coot-tha
The most challenging part of the course is Mount Coot-tha. Register for our Mount Coot-tha guided ride on Friday 3rd March, 2020.
Locals train regularly on Mount Coot-tha. Some stats about cycling Mount Coot-tha.
- Sir Samuel Griffiths Drive is the road
- Television broadcasters have their towers and offices along the summit
- The back side (aka "to Channel 10"), 2.2km long @ 9%
- The front side (aka "to the roundabout"), also 2.2km long @ 7%
Cycle Ford Road - Koala bushlands
Another key location for the race will be the loop around the Brisbane Koala Bushlands. Competitors may not have time to spot koalas, instead rolling terrarin will test fatiguing legs.
The 25km loop starts on exit from the Brisbane SE Busway on Priestdale Rd, taking riders to the magic 100km distance. Manage the 25km loop and you'll have the legs for a quick return to Brisbane along the Busway.
On Saturday morning, our guides will take you to Rochedale, where riders can reconnaissance the Ford Rd loop. Register for our Ford Rd guided ride on Saturday 4th March, 2020.
Travelling with your bike?
Fly to Brisbane and arrive with the knowledge someone is there to help you assemble your bike.
- Do you have the right bike tools?
- Do you know how to assemble your bike?
- Do you know how to pack your bike for safe travel?
- Do you have a track pump that you can easily travel with?
If you answer NO to any of these, come and see us at the Expo!
Did you know – we often assemble 30 plus bikes on the first day of our European cycling holidays.
Experienced Mechanics – Free of Charge
Visit us at the Tour de Brisbane Expo and our on-site mechanics will have the tools, knowledge and enthusiasm to assemble your bike before your race or assist you packing your bike ready to return home after your race.
We’d appreciate if you could let us know what time you expect to be at the expo.
Fundraise and Win a Bikestyle Tours European Cycling Holiday
WIN a trip for two to the 2021 Tour de France!*
Raise $660 for the Common Good to receive an entry into the draw for you and a friend to see the Tour de France live in action, valued at $15,000*!
BONUS ENTRY for every additional $660 raised!
This incredible prize includes the following highlights for two people:
- Key stages of the 2021 Tour de France, riding some of the famous climbs along the way
- 7 nights’ twin share accommodation
- A contribution of $1,000 AUD per person towards airfares (total $2000 AUD)
- Hosted by experienced tour guides and professional drivers
- Breakfast every day and 4 dinners
- Fully supported rides with mechanical assistance and support vehicles
- On ride nutrition
- Bike hire while on tour
*T&Cs apply, click here for more details.
Note: Bikestyle Tours are not the organisers of this competition. Visit Common Good for full details.